Drinking water kiosk
People need access to safe and affordable drinking water!
- In many developing countries, safe drinking water is still a scarce resource.
- People often have to walk several hours a day to fetch water for their household.
- Where collecting water has traditionally been the task of women and girls, this harsh situation has hindered many young girls from attending school regularly.
- Water kiosks provide access to safe drinking water close to the people’s homes.
- By collecting a small, affordable fee for the water, it can be assured that the kiosk remains open in the long term and repair and maintenance work can be paid for.
- The sunlight pump is part of the water supply system where water is pumped into a tank and then treated to make it safe for consumption.