Many families still do not have running water in their house!
Energy from the sun is a gift that keeps on giving and the plug-and-go usability of the sunlight pump not only draws water from a source and brings it to where the user wants it. The solar panel can also be used to charge batteries and power appliances that improve life for smallholder families!
- In many developing countries, the electricity supply is inexistent, unreliable or very expensive. Diesel pumps, on the other hand, are associated with high fuel and maintenance costs.
- The sunlight pump can be used to provide domestic water to a multi-story house in a city or several family houses in a village.
- Setup gravity: In this setup, water will be pumped into a water reservoir on the roof to provide a continuous household water supply through gravity. The water can be used for drinking, cooking, washing, cleaning, sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Setup pressurized system: Combined with a storage tank, a pressure tank and a pressure switch, the sunlight pump becomes part of an automated system to pressurize water. In this setup, one can connect various water taps to have pressurized water in the entire house. As soon as water is used, the pressure in the pressure tank will fall. If the pressure hits the lower limit, the pressure switch gives a signal and the pump will start pumping until the tank achieves maximum pressure again.
- The same way, water can be brought to schools, hospitals, health centers, public buildings and other facilities that require a reliable water supply.