Irrigation is essential to meet the food requirements of a growing population
- Most smallholder farmers in developing countries still rely on traditional, lowBproductive irrigation
practices and on rainfall – and therefore face a high risk of crop failure.
- They have no access to innovative technologies, nor to services – and this is what we need to change
We have a technology that serves their needs: the sunlight pump.
- The sunlight pump is an automated pumping systems that delivers water reliably without physical
work or attendance in the field required.
- The pump is portable and can be shifted between agricultural plots.
- The sunlight pump allows farmers to cultivate larger plots, to increase production and household
We need to produce more crop per drop
The most efficient irrigation system is the sunlight pump coupled with a drip or sprinkler irrigation system
Advantages of these Micro Irrigation Systems:
- Water savings (up to B70%) compared to flood irrigation
- Higher yield (up to +230%) → higher income
- Increase fertilizer use efficiency (up to +30%)
- Early maturity
- Better quality
- Labor cost savings